a person who takes part in a religious retreat.
How do you use retreat?
1. I made a tactful retreat before they started arguing. 2. The army beat a hasty retreat.
What is the root word of retreat?
1300, retrete, “a step backward;” late 14c., “act of retiring or withdrawing; military signal for retiring from action or exercise,” from Old French retret, retrait, noun use of past participle of retrere “draw back,” from Latin retrahere “draw back, withdraw, call back,” from re- “back” (see re-) + trahere “to draw” ( …
What do you mean by forfeited?
transitive verb. 1 : to lose or lose the right to especially by some error, offense, or crime. 2 : to subject to confiscation as a forfeit also : abandon, give up. forfeit. adjective.
What does no retreat mean?
1 (Military) to withdraw or retire in the face of or from action with an enemy, either due to defeat or in order to adopt a more favourable position. 2 to retire or withdraw, as to seclusion or shelter. 3 (of a person’s features) to slope back; recede.
What is a work retreat?
Work retreats, also known as staff retreats, focus on achieving a business result. While many team retreats are meant to boost morale and for team-building, work retreats are more strategic. The goal of a work retreat is to spend time brainstorming, working on a project, or coming up with a company roadmap.
What is a retreat vacation?
Contrary to the regular vacation, which is quite simply a time off from daily routine, retreats are enriching getaways that provide a safe sanctuary to allow a deeper physical, and emotional withdrawal from the stresses and strains of everyday life.
What happens in a company retreat?
Ultimately, a work retreat is about bettering the company culture. While an offsite might be a meeting or a work-related gathering at a site outside of the office, a work retreat usually does not focus on work itself but, rather, it focuses on creating a culture where better work will be done.
How do you do a virtual retreat?
Virtual Retreat Ideas
- 1) Field Trip. A favorite on our list of virtual retreat ideas is the field trip. …
- 2) Bingo. The second of our virtual retreat ideas — Bingo — is a tried-and-true favorite both online and off. …
- 3) Awards Show. …
- 4) Meal Gift Cards.
How do you create a retreat?
4 Keys to Designing a Productive Retreat
- Choose the Right Space. For teams to truly disconnect from workplace distractions and be fully engaged, retreats need to be held offsite. …
- Write an Effective Agenda. …
- Context Trumps Content. …
- Schedule Frequent Breaks. …
- Put an Action Plan in Place.
What is forfeited amount?
In case the transfer of assets is done within the agreement between seller & buyer, then will the advance money taken by seller in previous FY be termed as forfeited amount.
What is forfeited account?
Forfeiture Account means an account holding amounts forfeited by Participants. … Such account will be maintained in either (a) the Money Market Guarantee or (b) a Qualified Default Investment Alternative.
What does forfeited mean in business?
Forfeiture is the loss of any property without compensation as a result of defaulting on contractual obligations, or as a penalty for illegal conduct.
What word can replace retreat?
- back away,
- drop back,
- fall back,
- pull out,
What is a Hindu retreat called?
Ashram | Hindu retreat | Britannica. Ashram.
What does to give ground mean?
to move back or away (as from something difficult, dangerous, or disagreeable) There is wildlife in the area, so give ground if you see any when hiking.
How much does a retreat cost?
It’s entirely possible to plan a retreat that costs less than $200 per person per night, depending on where you travel and what you’d like to do.
How do you have a successful retreat?
Here are five tips you can follow to organize an effective team retreat.
- Involve the whole team. Two important questions to consider when booking a retreat are: …
- Hire a knowledgeable speaker. …
- Take the retreat offsite. …
- Have a roundtable discussion to gather team feedback. …
- The power of fun.
How do you create a wellness retreat?
- Step 1: Book A Time For Your Retreat. …
- Step 2: Create A Schedule. …
- Step 3: Have An Agenda For Both Energising And Relaxing Activities. …
- Step 4: Eat Healthy. …
- Step 5: Pack A Bag As If You’re Actually Going To A Retreat. …
- Step 6: Go On A Digital Detox. …
- Step 7: Pencil In Some Downtime.
How do you make virtual retreats fun?
To make virtual team retreats engaging, include interactive elements such as question and answer sessions, online meetups, polls, and public feedback. Also plan fun activities such as virtual team building events and entertainment.
What do you do in a leadership retreat?
11 ideas for leadership retreats
- Host a kick-off dinner.
- Incorporate icebreaker activities.
- Organize skill-building sessions.
- Think about the future.
- Take time to explore.
- Learn about the human-centered design process.
- Spend time on self-reflection.
- Celebrate successes and show appreciation.
What makes a good company retreat?
A great company retreat has the power to transform your organization’s product and/or processes. Get it right, and you’ll embolden and unify your team. Get it wrong, and you’ll end up spending money for employees to have a day off, or worse, your team will come away less motivated than before.